With good proper care, a good quality cotton hammock or hammock chair should last you through the years. Your hammock takes good care of you, now it’s time to return the favor.
Life happens. Kids spill drinks, pets have muddy paws and homes get dirty.... and you might need to clean your hammock from time to time. We all love our hammocks and hammock chairs, but it’s no fun to lounge on a dirty one. Over time, things like pollen, spilled soda, pet hair, dirt, and oil from your hands and feet build up on it. We have 5 tips on how to clean a cotton hammock or hammock chair that are easy to follow.
Cotton is a great choice all around, since it is a very strong natural fiber it is quite resistant. The benefit of cotton's breathability is, by far one of the favorite reasons why everyone likes it so much. Hammocks made of 100% natural cotton, are not only more eco-friendly, but also more sustainable. Keep in mind that this is not a synthetic fiber, therefore you need to make sure you give it as much love as it needs to make it last through the years.
To clean a cotton hammock or chair you will need:
- Warm water
- A soft bristle brush
- A large bucket (a bathtub works well too!)
- Mild detergent (ex. Ivory Snow and Woolite)
1. Prep the hammock. Dust off any excess dirt.
All Limbo Regular sized hammock chairs can be removed from the wood spreader bars and washed separately. The junior size hammocks will not come off the spreader bar, so make sure you leave the wood spreader bar outside of the bucket. Do not submerge the wood bar in water.
3. Massage the hammock using your hands as well as the end strings and macrame or crochet fringe until the hammock is clean. Use a soft bristle brush to scrub any spots that may have stains.
4. DRY : After washing, rinse the hammock with clean water. We recommend hang drying or laying it on a flat surface to dry. Do not machine dry your hammock as it will weaken the fabric and tangle the strings. Use a warm iron to smooth out any unwanted wrinkles.
5.Hammock Storage Tip: We recommend bringing your cotton hammock indoors when not in use for a prolonged period of time. This will stop mold from forming which will weaken the cotton over time. Make sure it is fully dry before storing in dry place in your house.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Have you seen our best selling Limbo Imports 100% cotton hammock collection yet?